Key stakeholder: Martin’s Hotel Group (Chateau Du Lac, Genval)
Other stakeholders :
- Touristic service providers: event managers, agriculture & food providers
- Green Key for Conference centers
- Tourism Vlaanderen - Flanders
- General Commission for Tourism – Wallonia
- BITC - Brussels
- Sustainable Events:
- IBGE – Brussel
- SPPDD – Federal
- CSR network in Wallonia and Brussels
- Belgian Chambers of Commerce sustainability working group
In the MOVE-IT project Eco-Counselling Enterprise was responsible for the development of the cluster toolkit and coaching methodology, the coaching of Belgian and Germany clusters, the elaboration of the training kit, etc. Due to financial problems in 2011, the company has …
21 Solutions is a consultancy, based in Brussels, created in 2008, as a spin-off of Eco-Conseil Entreprise, a company with 10 years experience in the field of environmental management and sustainable development. 21 Solutions brings together the experience of five …
Labels ands brands in the region
The European EMAS Regulation specifies the requirements to comply with when setting up an Environmental Management System (EMS). It is a voluntary scheme. EMAS goes beyond...
ISO 14001 is a voluntary scheme which specifies the 18 requirements and the 52 check points to comply with when setting up an Environmental Management...
The ‘Eco-dynamic Enterprise’ label gives official recognition for good environmental practices of companies in the Brussels-Capital Region. It awards them for their environmental activism and...
The Green Key is the first international environmental label for tourist accommodation (hotels, campsites) and a voluntary label based on rigorous criteria, which cover the...
The Martin's Hotels Group is present in 3 regions of Belgium (Brussels, Wallonia and Flanders) with 10 sites (hotels), 1 spa.
These hotels are chosen for the cultural heritage (old churches, manors, historic city centers, etc) and are mainly used as Conference centers.
• Conference centers in Brussels and Flanders will be supported in the improvement of their environmental performance (Green Key, Eco-Dynamic Label, EMAS/ISO 14001).
• Increase in the number of EMAS registered SMEs in the Region
• Increase in the number of Green Key labels
• Sustainable Events strategies at Federal Level and in the Brussels Region
Latest news of the cluster
Boundaries and Certifications
Martin’s Hotel Group implements an environmental management system with EMAS for their hotels and their services (including a Thermal Spa Center, a Lake, a biodiversity reserve, etc).